Preparation for Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC in Fan Mode. Coat a 9-inch baking tin with butter and flour.
- Add stout and butter into a large wide saucepan, slowly heat the mixture till all the butter has melted. Next, whisk the cocoa and sugar together, then let it cool slightly.
- Whisk sour cream with the eggs and vanilla in a kitchen machine, then pour the mixture created in ‘Step 2’ into the bowl attachment from the kitchen machine. Next, blend both mixtures together under ‘low speed’.
- Slowly add flour and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture created in ‘Step 3’, then whisk them together under ‘medium speed’.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking tin, and bake it for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin, or on a cooling rack.
Preparation for Icing
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over hot water. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water as this is not a Bain Marie.
- After the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the water. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, then carefully fold the chocolate into the icing mixture in small batches.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together very well, then gradually add stout and melted chocolate. Make sure that the mixture is thoroughly blended each time before adding stout.
- Blend mixture till firm peaks form. This mixture will be used as the chocolate icing.
- Spread the icing on the cake, then add chopped walnuts onto the icing.
- Allow the icing to firm and set before serving.
Series 8 Oven
The new Series 8 ovens not only deliver superior performance with amazing convenience, they are also beautifully crafted with sophisticated design that extends to the smallest detail. It’s the easy way to perfect results.
Food Processor MCM3501MGB
MultiTalent 3 - the compact and versatile kitchen assistant with more than 50 functions. Makes cooking and baking easier and even fun!