Wagyu Steak with Braised Chestnut and Mushroom Selection with Sweet Potato Puree
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
|Braised Chestnuts and Mushroom:||Sweetcorn Potato Puree:||Wagyu beef:||To Plate:|
1. Sweet Potato Puree
- Bring to boil in medium saucepan of water and turn down to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 20 mins until very tender.
- Drain and puree sweet potatoes on Turbo with the MaxoMixx hand blender until smooth..
- Add butter, heavy cream and maple syrup to the puree, and pulse again until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
2. Braised Chestnuts and Mushroom
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook, removing it before it turns brown.
- Add mushrooms, chestnuts and raisins, saute for about 5 minutes..
- Add dark soy sauce, mirin and chicken broth, simmer over low heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
3. Wagyu Steak
- Season both sides of beef with sea salt and pepper.
- Sear in a pre-heated pan for 2 mins on each surface.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside to rest.
4. To Plate
- Soften cucumber slices with salt. Rinse and roll.
- Add a spoonful of sweet potato puree onto the serving plate.
- Place chestnuts and mushrooms around the puree.
- Sit Wagyu steak by the puree, covering it slightly.
- Garnish with micro green sprouts, red radish slices and cucumber rolls.
- Drizzle braising liquid, serve and enjoy.
Versatile and Convenient Kitchen Assistant
Hand blenders are not only compact, simple to use and easy to clean, but also come with multiple accessories for chopping and blending – making them great for quick and convenient food preparation.