|300g Chinese Kale/ ‘Kai Lan’||2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil||500ml Water - For Sauce|
|6 Pieces Canned Abalone||1 Tablespoon Light Soya Sauce||200ml Water - For Corn Starch Mixture|
|12 Pieces Whole Shiitake Mushrooms - Destemmed||20g Garlic – Chopped||White Pepper Powder - To Taste|
|4 Pieces Black Fungus - Soaked||50g Oyster Sauce||Fried Shallots - To Garnish|
|2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil||50g Corn Flour / Potato Starch|
1. Remove the stems from the shiitake mushrooms and Chinese kale/ ‘kai lan’.
2. Heat up the cooking oil and sesame oil in a pot. Add chopped garlic in, and fry till it turns brown.
3. Add light soy sauce, oyster sauce and water, and then bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Add the shiitake mushrooms, soaked black fungus, abalone and a pinch of pepper to the mixture. Simmer it for about 30 minutes.
5. Mix the corn flour in the water to form a slurry. Once the sauce comes to a boil, lower the heat. Add the corn flour and water mixture to thicken the mixture.
6. Place the leaves of the kale on a heat-resistant tray, covered with a microwave-safe cling film.
7. Select ‘Steam’ mode of the oven (which comes in a default setting of 100⁰C), heat the kale for about 10 minutes, or till they are cooked.
8. Place the kale, mushrooms, fungus and abalone on a plate and drizzle the sauce over. Garnish the dish with fried shallots.
Serie 8 Induction Hob
Induction hobs create greater safety, convenience and saves energy. Heat is generated only where it is needed, and its lower temperature keeps hands safe from burn.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals. Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.