|Mee Hoon Kueh (Flour Cake Noodles):||Soup Base:||Condiments:|
|300g All Purpose Flour||60g Rehydrated Shiitake Mushroom - Sliced||2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce||40g Fried Anchovies|
|50g Egg Yolk||8 Whole Medium-sized Prawns||4 Tablespoons Sesame Oil||4 Tablespoons Fried Shallots|
|30g Egg White||30g Dried Anchovies - Washed||2 Whole Garlic Bulbs||8 Chilli Padi - Chopped|
|50g Water||50g Soy Beans - Soaked Overnight||
45g Baby Chinese Cabbage /
Chye Sim - Washed
|10ml Cooking Oil||2L Chicken Stock||4 Eggs||To Taste Light Soy Sauce|
|A Pinch of Salt||300g Minced Pork / Chicken (with some fats)||To Taste White Pepper Powder||To Garnish Coriander Leaves|
|Excess Flour for Dusting||5g Corn Flour||To Taste Salt|
1. Separate an egg yolk from its egg white.
2. Add the egg yolk, egg whites, oil and a pinch of salt to a kitchen machine and mix using the dough hook attachment.
3. Gradually add in flour and water, and mix until a crumbly texture is formed.
4. Remove the mixture from kitchen machine and knead to form a dough. Then cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside for about 45 minutes.
5. Using the pasta attachment, roll out the dough into flat sheets on a tabletop, with some excess flour to dust, then cut into 3cm squares.
6. Slice root ends off the Baby Chinese Cabbage.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, marinate minced meat with sesame oil, light soy sauce, corn flour, salt and pepper.
8. In a large pot, bring chicken stock, soy beans, anchovies and garlic to boil for 30 minutes.
9. Strain the stock into another pot and bring to boil again.
10. When soup is boiling, add in mushroom and chunks of minced meat by pulling with a fork from the bowl into the pot. Then add prawns and simmer for 10 minutes. Skim off excess foam from the surface while cooking. Add in vegetables last.
11. In a separate medium pot, boil water to blanch the Mee Hoon Kueh. Boil the Mee Hoon Kueh for about 2 minutes or until desired texture. Once cooked, remove and add Mee Hoon Kueh into pot with the soup.
12. Crack eggs into soup and cook.
13. Heat cooking oil in a separate pan, and fry anchovies until they are crispy. Strain the fried anchovies and place on paper towels to drain off excess oil.
14. Garnish Mee Hoon Kueh with coriander leaves and serve with fried anchovies, shallots, cut chillies and soy sauce on the side.
Serie 8 Induction Hob
Induction hobs create greater safety, convenience and saves energy. Heat is generated only where it is needed, and its lower temperature keeps hands safe from burn.
MUM5 Kitchen Machine
The powerful kitchen machine for versatility when cooking and baking.