Preparation for Apple filling
- Peel and cut an apple into cubes.
- Heat up 200g of water in a pan then add lemon juice and apple cubes.
- Boil water and simmer the apples turn they turn tender.
- Blend the cooked apple till a puree texture is formed.
Preparation for Apple Tart
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C. Cut an apple into thin slices.
- Add lemon juice to the water, then add apples in. Blanch apple slices for 2 minutes till the apples soften.
- Dust a pastry puff dough with flour, and roll it to a 1mm thickness.
- Cut the puff pastry dough into strips of 25cm by 5cm.
- Spread apple filling across the strips, and apple slices overlapping each other.
- Roll dough from left to right to form a rose.
- Brush the muffin tray with butter and fill it with rose-shaped tarts.
- Bake at 190°C for 20 minutes.