Lemon Meringue Tart
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
|Pate Sucree (Sweet Pastry Crust):||Lemon Cream:||Swiss Meringue:|
1. Pate Sucree (Sweet Pastry Crust)
- Using the Bosch silicone stirring whisk at speed 4, whisk cream butter in a mixer bowl for about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, ground almonds and vanilla bean seeds. Mix for about 3 minutes until combined.
- Add egg and mix for about 1 minute until combined.
- Incorporate flour and salt to the dough. Mix at speed 4 for about 5 minutes until the ingredients come together.
- Wrap dough with cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour or best, overnight.
- Remove dough from the fridge, and roll it between two sheets of parchment paper. Line tart pan with dough and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- When ready to bake, line parchment paper on dough and fill with either rice or beans. Bake for 15 minutes and remove parchment paper and its contents.
- Continue to bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave it to cool in the pan.
2. Lemon Cream
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Using your fingertips, rub zest with sugar until moistened with lemon oil.
- Using a bain marie (hot water bath), combine sugar, eggs and lemon juice and whisk constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Squeeze excess water from the gelatine leaves, then add to the hot mixture. Stir until dissolved.
- Strain mixture and let it cool slightly.
- Attach blender jug to MaxxiMUM and pour mixture into the blender. Turn dial to speed 5, then add butter slowly to make an emulsion. Continue running the blender for about 5–8 minutes until all the butter has been added. The mixture should be light yellow in colour.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust and refrigerate.
3. Swiss Meringue
- Place egg whites and sugar in a clean mixing bowl and heat over a saucepan of simmering water. Hand whisk the mixture until all the sugar has melted and egg whites are warm to the touch.
- Attach the bowl and whisk to MaxxiMUM and press the egg white button. Then turn dial to m/s and hold for 2 seconds. The MaxxiMUM will automatically stop when optimum results have been achieved.
Kitchen Machine Styline MUM52110
A powerful kitchen machine that boasts an award-winning design and exceptional Bosch quality, the MUM5 is a true all-rounder.
Sold to millions – tested by millions
Whatever your needs, Bosch offers the right kitchen machine to give you perfect results when preparing meals.