Fish & Chips
Preparation for Tartar Sauce
- Create homemade tartar sauce - blend gherkin, capers and shallots into a paste with a hand blender.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a food processor by selecting ‘Medium speed’, then drizzle oil to the yolk mixture thereafter.
- Continue to blend salt, sugar, pepper, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and the paste in Step 2 all together in the food processor.
- Continue to blend the mixture till a mayonnaise-like texture is formed.
Preparation for Beer Battered Fish and Chips
- Marinate the fish fillet with pepper, salt and beer. We are using Sea bass in this video. Set the marinated fish aside thereafter.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a food processor. Mix all the ingredients together, except for the beer, to create the batter.
- Now, pour the beer in to form a slurry consistency. Keep the batter chilled for best results.
- Heat a pot of oil. Dip the fish fillets into the batter and fry them. Next, fry the fries. Here, we are using sweet potato fries as a healthier option.
- Fry the fish and fries till they turn crispy and golden brown. Garnish fillets with cracked black pepper, salt, tartar sauce, chopped parsley and lemon slices.
- To check if the fish is cooked, poke the tip of the knife at the thickest part of the fillet. It should gently resist flaking yet feel firm.
MultiTalent Food Processor MCM68861GB
Saves on space, not on possibilities thanks to 50 functions
Series 8 Oven
The new Series 8 ovens not only deliver superior performance with amazing convenience, they are also beautifully crafted with a sophisticated design that extends to the smallest detail. It’s the easy way to perfect results.
Serie 8 - Hood
To make sure that you can bask in pleasing smells everytime you cook, we have developed a range of powerful cook hoods. In addition to their strong insulation, a low-noise drive makes them so quiet that you and your guests will barely hear a thing.