|500g Eggplant||375g Zucchini||100ml Vegetable Oil|
|Salt||750g Tomatoes||Herbes De Provence|
|4 Onions - 300g||1 Green Pepper - 100g|
|2 Cloves Garlic||2 Red Peppers - 250g|
1. Wash the eggplant and cut into cubes 1cm in size. Sprinkle the slices with plenty of salt to remove the bitterness. Then cover and leave to stand for 20 minutes. Next, wash the eggplant well to remove the salt and then pat dry.
2. Peel the onions and garlic and cut the onion into fine strips.
3. Wash the zucchini and cut into cubes 1cm in size. Wash, halve and core the tomatoes and peppers. Cut the tomatoes into cubes 1 cm in size and the peppers into pieces 2cm in size.
4. Add 25ml oil to a pan and fry the onions at setting 7 for approx. 7 1/2 minutes until soft. Then put to one side in a bowl.
5. Add the peppers and 25ml oil to the pan and fry at setting 7 for approx. 8 minutes. Put with the onions.
6. Then add the cubed eggplants and whole garlic cloves to the pan with 25ml oil and fry at setting 6 for approx. 5½ minutes. Put with the vegetables already cooked.
7. Add the zucchini to the pan with 25ml oil and fry at setting 6 for approx. 8 minutes. Put with the rest of the vegetables.
8. Add the tomatoes to the pan and fry at setting 6 for approx. 6 minutes.
9. Then add all the vegetables, cover and cook at setting 5 for 5 minutes. Season with salt and Herbes de Provence and serve hot.
Tip: Garnish the ratatouille with shoots.
Gas Cooktops with FlameSelect Technology
The new Gas cooktops with FlameSelect and its innovative valve technology lets you precisely control the flame in 9 power levels. Now you can achieve perfectly consistent results each and every time.