|Laksa Paste||Laksa Pasta|
|80g Shallots - Peeled||5g Turmeric - Peeled||300g Dried Brown Rice Gluten-Free Pasta||15g Fresh Laksa Leaves - Chopped|
|8 Large Dried Red Chillies - Soaked||60g Garlic - Peeled||20 Tiger Prawns - Cooked and Deshelled||50ml Vegetable Oil|
|100g Dried Shrimps - Soaked||5g Coriander Seeds||6 Dried Bean Curd Puffs - Sliced (Optional)||400ml Coconut Cream|
|2 Stalks Lemongrass - Sliced Thinly||4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil||2 Large Fish Cakes - Sliced Thinly (Optional)||10ml Fish Sauce|
|10 Candlenuts||1 Tablespoon Water||3 Eggs - Hard-boiled and Quartered||To Taste Sugar|
|10g Galangal - Peeled||30g Bean Sprouts - Lightly Blanched||To Taste Salt|
1. Chop the laksa leaves. Slice the dried bean curd puffs, fish cakes and turmeric.
2. Soak the dried shrimps and dried red chillies in warm water separately. When the dried shrimps are rehydrated, strain off the water.
3. Using a hand blender, blend the shallots, sliced lemongrass, garlic, candlenuts, galangal, the sliced turmeric, coriander seeds, a third of the rehydrated dried shrimps, all the rehydrated red chillies and a little water.
4. Gradually add in the rest of the shrimps as you blend, and add vegetable oil in for a moist texture. Blend until the mixture forms a paste.
5. Cook bean sprouts and prawns by boiling them separately, and deshell the cooked prawns. Then make hard-boiled eggs, peel and quarter them.
6. In a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan, heat up 30ml of oil and fry the laksa paste over low heat. Stir regularly to make sure it does not burn.
7. Heat up the remaining oil in a separate pan. Fry the sliced fish cakes, cooked bean sprouts, sliced bean curd puffs, chopped laksa leaves (leave about 9g for garnish) and fish sauce.
8. Add in the laksa paste and coconut cream, mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Boil pasta in salted water in a separate pot, in accordance to the packet instructions (typically around 6-8 minutes) or until all dente. Strain the pasta once cooked.
10. Add pasta and prawns to the laksa gravy, season with sugar and salt, and toss well.
11. Garnish with remaining chopped laksa leaves and the quartered eggs.
Serie 8 Induction Hob
Induction hobs create greater safety, convenience and saves energy. Heat is generated only where it is needed, and its lower temperature keeps hands safe from burn.
MaxoMixx Hand Blender
Full power for kitchen professionals – Powerful, robust and more versatile than ever thanks to its 800 watt motor and a wide range of accessories.